The origin and development of plastic extruderThe plastic extruder originated in the 18th century. The manual piston extruder manufactured by Josegh Bramah of England in 1795 for the manufacture of seamless lead pipes is considered to be the world's first plastic extruder. Since then, in the first 50 years of the 19th century, extruders were basically only used in the production of lead pipes, macaroni and other food processing, brick making and ceramic industries.
As a manufacturing process, the first time it was clearly recorded was the patent applied by R. Brooman in 1845 for the production of Goodwave rubber wire using a plastic extruder. Houth Bewlgy of Goodwave Corporation subsequently improved the extruder and used it in 1851 to cover the copper wire of the first submarine cable between Dover and Calais. In the next 25 years, the extrusion method 13 became increasingly important, and the electrically operated extruder gradually replaced the previous manual plastic extruder. The early mechanically operated plunger extruder produced thousands of kilometers of insulated wires and cables, thus firmly establishing the position of the extrusion method for producing cables. Early extruders for producing cables, whether manual, mechanical or hydraulic, were all plunger. In this production process, the plunger presses the hot gutta-rubber into the die with the copper wire, and the gutta-rubber is extruded from the die, thus covering the copper wire to form an insulating layer.