How to distinguish PP PE particlesHow to distinguish PP PE particles
PP and PE can be mixed to produce paper mill pellets, which are also very versatile. They can be used in different industries such as injection molding and wire drawing. They are also widely used in trays, toys, and luggage factories. So, as a supplier of pellets for paper mills, how to distinguish PP and PE pellets is very important at the time of manufacture. Let's take a look together with the editor!
6 ways to distinguish PP and PE particles:
(1) Touch by hand, the soft one is PE and the hard one is PP.
(2) Burning with fire: Polyethylene PE burns yellow at the top, blue at the bottom, uninterrupted burning, no smoke, melting dripping, like wax burning odor; polypropylene is a sweet taste, and the flame is low blue tip Yellow, dripping while burning.
(3) Observation method: PP is white and translucent when it is uncolored, waxy, lighter than polyethylene; it is milky and white and translucent when it is not colored, it has a smooth feeling, it is soft and tough, and it can stretch slightly.
(4) Water float method: mainly under the same size, PP should be slightly heavier. It can be considered to use a mixture of alcohol and water, mixed to a certain ratio, PE is floating above, PP is sinking below.
(5) Transparency: PE has the worst transparency, and PP has a slightly better transparency.
(6) Wire drawing after burning: The wire drawn by PP after burning is in the form of a bag; and the wire drawn by PE after burning is straight and easy to break.
PP particles are mainly suitable for making general mechanical parts, corrosion-resistant parts and insulating parts. Common acid and alkali organic solvents have little effect on it.
PE particles can be used as agricultural film, industrial packaging film, pharmaceutical and food packaging film, machinery parts, daily necessities, building materials, wire, cable insulation, coating and synthetic paper. Linear polyethylene with a molecular weight of 3 million to 6 million is called ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene. UHMWPE has very high strength and can be used for bulletproof vests.
Due to the increasing use of plastics, waste plastics have caused serious environmental pollution, but at the same time contain important renewable resources. Recycled plastics are based on different forms of plastics that still have recycling value after their service life ends. Almost all thermoplastics have recycling value. Therefore, recycling PP and PE particles for the production of paper mill pellets is not only beneficial to environmental protection, but also allows better use of resources.