What is PPR tubeWhat is PPR tube
Water pipes made of type 3 polypropylene
PPR water pipe is a polymeric material pipe.
PPR is the abbreviation of English random copolymer polypropylene (Polypropylene-Random). Commonly known as three-type polypropylene. PPR pipe is an updated product of UPVC water supply pipe, aluminum-plastic pipe, PE pipe, PE-X pipe and PE-RT pipe. Because it uses random copolymerization technology, the strength and high temperature resistance of polypropylene are well guaranteed, thus becoming the main force of water pipe materials.
1. Health and environmental protection. Polypropylene is an environmentally friendly material and can be used for drinking water delivery.
2. The joints are connected by hot melt and become one, 100% without leakage. Other materials are connected by wire mouths, which have poor impermeability and avoid the toxicity of glue bonding.
PPR water pipe
3. The conveying resistance is small.
4, the price is cheap and moderate.
5. Long service life, can be used for 50 years when produced and used according to the national standard GB/T18742.
PPR is the abbreviation of three-type polypropylene. It adopts the method of thermal welding, has special welding and cutting tools, and has high reliability. The price is also very economical. The insulation performance is also very good, and the tube wall is very smooth! The general price is 4-8 yuan per meter (4 in charge). Connectors for inner and outer wires are not included.
PPR pipe is officially called random copolymer polypropylene pipe, which is the most used water supply pipe in home improvement projects.
Compared with traditional cast iron pipes, galvanized steel pipes, cement pipes and other pipes, PPR pipes have the advantages of energy saving and material saving, environmental protection, light weight and high strength, corrosion resistance, smooth inner wall without scaling, easy construction and maintenance, and long service life. It is widely used in building water supply and drainage, urban and rural water supply and drainage, urban gas, electricity and optical cable sheathing, industrial fluid transportation and agricultural irrigation and other construction, municipal, industrial and agricultural fields.
In recent years, with the increasing market demand of construction, municipal engineering, water conservancy engineering, agriculture and industry, China's PPR pipe industry has shown a rapid development trend. In 2009, the production volume of plastic pipes was 5.804 million tons, a year-on-year increase of 18.9%. From January to September 2010, the production volume of plastic pipes was 5.528 million tons, a year-on-year increase of 28.23%. At the same time, with the continuous improvement of consumers' quality requirements for products in terms of environmental protection, health, and durability, my country's plastic pipe production has increased, and the product quality has continued to improve. The technological progress of the industry has continued to accelerate. Materials and new structure varieties are constantly emerging, advanced system design concepts emerge in an endless stream, the functionality of products is more obvious, and the application fields are further expanded. According to the analysis, the market share of plastic pipes in China has exceeded 30% of all pipes.
By 2015, in the national new construction, reconstruction and expansion projects, 85% of the building drainage pipes are made of plastic pipes, 80% of the rainwater drainage pipes of buildings are made of plastic pipes, the use of plastic pipes for urban drainage pipes will reach 50%, and the water supply and hot water in buildings will be used. 85% of supply and heating pipes are made of plastic pipes, 80% of urban water supply pipes (below DN400mm) are made of plastic pipes, 90% of village water supply pipes are made of plastic pipes, the application of urban gas plastic pipes (medium and low pressure pipes) reaches 40%, and construction wires 90% of the threading sheath is made of plastic. It is predicted that during the 12th Five-Year Plan period, my country's plastic pipe production will maintain a growth rate of about 10%. By 2015, it is expected that the national plastic pipe production will be close to 12 million tons, and the market share of plastic pipes in various types of pipes in the country will exceed 60%.
>Why are the colors of the PPR water pipes different?
The PPR granules supplied by manufacturers have different colors, such as gray, etc., but most companies purchase transparent raw materials, and different colors are added with different colors of masterbatch.
>Is there a necessary relationship between the color and quality of PPR water pipes?
No. However, there are more cases of unqualified detection of white PPR in the dark, while gray and green do not have these problems. In addition, affected by living habits, white PPR pipes are mostly used in the north, while more gray PPR pipes are used in the south.
>PPR water pipe is divided into cold water pipe and hot water pipe how to distinguish?
·PPR pipe is divided into cold water pipe and hot water pipe. The difference is that there is a blue line on the cold water pipe and a red line on the hot water pipe.
In addition, there are signs such as S5 S4 S3.2 S2.5 on the PPR pipe. Generally, S5 S4 is a cold water pipe with a thinner wall thickness, and S3.2 S2.5 is a hot water pipe with a thicker wall thickness.
>What are the characteristics of the connection technology of PPR water pipes?
·The interface of the PPR pipe adopts hot-melt technology, and the nozzle and the nozzle are completely fused together, so once the installation and pressure test is passed, there will be no water leakage, and the reliability is extremely high.
PPR is a random copolymer polypropylene synthesized by (PP and PE) gas phase method. Its structural feature is that the PE molecules are randomly linked in the PP molecules, and the molecular weight ranges from 300,000 to 800,000. Pipes produced by using PPR raw materials, also known as random copolymer polypropylene pipes, are plastic pipe products developed and applied in the late 1980s and early 1990s. With its excellent performance and wide range of applications, it has occupied a place in the plastic pipe market and is a recognized green and environmentally friendly product. However, in the market operation in recent years, the analysis of the above-mentioned PPR plastic pipe quality problems has also found that there are many problems in the PPR pipe market, and these problems have largely restricted the healthy development of PPR pipes.
Pipes embedded in walls, floors, panels, etc. are protected against expansion. Both compressive and tensile stress are absorbed without damaging various materials. If the pipe has insulating materials (standard) these insulating materials can allow more expansion.
Product Disadvantages Edit Broadcast
The main defects of PPR water pipes are: high temperature resistance, slightly poor pressure resistance, long-term working temperature can not exceed 70 ℃; each section has a limited length, and cannot be bent for construction, if the pipe laying distance is long or there are many corners, during construction A lot of fittings are used; tubing is cheap but fittings are relatively expensive. However, in terms of comprehensive performance, PPR pipe is a relatively cost-effective pipe, so it has become the first choice for home improvement water pipe transformation.
Compared with other types of pipes: galvanized iron pipes have many shortcomings, and the Ministry of Construction has explicitly banned them in 2000; although aluminum-plastic pipes have good high temperature resistance and convenient construction, when used as hot water pipes, due to long-term thermal expansion and cooling Shrinkage will cause dislocation of the pipe wall and cause leakage; copper pipe is durable and environmentally friendly, but it is not widely used due to its high price and high construction requirements.
Shopping TipsEdit Broadcast
Just bought a new house, many people are busy decorating their love nest. How to choose the right pipe at the right price is a very important thing for them. The following tricks will teach you how to distinguish the quality of the PPR tube.
1. "Touch": Whether the texture is fine and the particles are uniform. PPR tubes on the market mainly have several colors of white, gray and green. In general, recycled plastics cannot be made into white, so many people tend to think that white is the best. In fact, this view is rather one-sided. With the update and improvement of technology, color is not the standard for distinguishing the quality of PPR tubes. Whether the tube is good or bad, it can't solve the problem. If you touch it, the rough particles are likely to be mixed with other impurities.
2. "Smell": with or without odor. The main material of PPR pipe is polypropylene. Good pipes have no smell, and bad ones have a strange smell. It is likely to be blended with polyethylene (ie PE) instead of polypropylene.
3. "Pinch": The PPR tube has considerable hardness, and it can be easily pinched into a deformed tube, which is definitely not a PPR tube.
4. "Smashing": A good PPR tube has good "resilience". It is too easy to smash because there are too many calcium carbonate fillers, which is naturally not a good PPR tube. An unbreakable PPR tube may not be a good tube. The key is to look at the raw materials and processing technology.
5. "Burning": It is very intuitive and effective to set it on fire. PPR pipes mixed with recycled plastic and other impurities in the raw materials will emit black smoke and have a pungent odor; good materials will not emit black smoke and odor after burning, and the molten liquid will still be very clean after burning.
6. According to the national testing standards, some simple testing items can be identified through the senses.
1. Compared with metal pipes, PP-R pipes have lower hardness and poorer rigidity. They should be protected during handling and construction to avoid mechanical damage caused by improper external force. After dark laying, the position of the pipes should be marked to avoid damage to the pipes due to secondary decoration.
2. The PP-R pipe has a certain low temperature brittleness below 5 ℃. Be careful in winter construction. When cutting the pipe, use a sharp knife to cut it slowly. Do not press or knock the installed pipe, if necessary, cover and protect the parts that are susceptible to external force. thing.
3. The PP-R pipe is easy to age and degrade when exposed to ultraviolet rays for a long time. It must be wrapped with a dark protective layer when it is installed outdoors or in direct sunlight.
4. The PP-R pipe should be connected by hot-melt connection except that it is connected with metal pipes or water appliances using mechanical connection methods such as threaded inserts or flanges, so that the pipes are integrated and there is no leakage point.
5. The linear expansion coefficient of the PP-R pipe is relatively large (0.15mm/m°C), and technical measures to prevent the expansion and deformation of the pipe must be taken when the pipe is exposed or not directly buried.
6. After the pipeline is installed, the pressure must be tested before sealing the pipe (direct burial) and covering the decorative layer (non-direct burial and concealed laying). The pressure test pressure of the cold water pipe is 1.5 times the working pressure of the system, but not less than 1.0MPa; The test pressure is twice the working pressure, but not less than 1.5MPa. The time and method of the test pressure are specified in the technical regulations.
7. When the PP-R pipe is laid openly or not directly buried, the support and hanger must be installed according to the regulations.
Hot melt connection problem edit broadcast
1. When the PPR pipe fittings are connected by hot melt, do not directly wire the above, and the connection with the metal pipe can be connected with a flange, and the pipe fitting with metal inserts must be used when connecting with the water heater;
2. Be sure to use reliable hot-melt tools during construction, so as to ensure the quality of hot-melt;
3. Use special building materials to cut the pipe, and the incision should be smooth and free of burrs;
4. When cleaning the welding place of pipes and fittings, do not let sand and dust affect the quality of the joints. Use a heating head that matches the size of the pipe to be welded on the hot melter, and turn the power supply on. On, let the heating head reach the most suitable temperature;
5. You can use a pencil to mark the depth of welding on the pipe;
6. Put the pipes and fittings into the fusion splicer and heat them according to the required time;
7. After heating, take out the pipes and fittings immediately and link them up immediately. When the pipes and fittings are connected and matched, if they are in the wrong position, you can make small adjustments within a certain period of time, but the twisting The angle cannot exceed five degrees;
8. After the connection is completed, be sure to hold the pipes and fittings firmly with your hands to allow them sufficient time to cool down. After cooling to a certain extent, you can let go of your hands, and then install the pipes below.
Pipe competition editing broadcast
PPR tube is cost-effective and environmentally friendly
As a new type of water pipe material, PPR pipe has unique advantages, it can be used as both cold water pipe and hot water pipe. The interface of the PPR pipe adopts hot-melt technology, and the pipes are completely fused together, so once the installation and pressure test is passed, it will not age and leak like the aluminum-plastic pipe for a long time.
Advantages: moderate price, stable performance, heat and heat preservation, corrosion resistance, smooth inner wall without scaling, safe and reliable pipeline system, impermeable, service life of up to 50 years.
Disadvantages: The construction technology has high requirements, and special tools and professionals are required for construction to ensure the safety of the system.
Copper pipes are corrosion-resistant and can be sterilized
It is the first-class product in the water pipe. There are two ways of copper pipe interface: ferrule and welding. The ferrule is the same as the aluminum-plastic pipe, which has the problem of aging and water leakage for a long time. Most copper pipes are installed by welding. Welding means that the interface is welded together by oxygen, so that it can never leak like PPR water pipes. Because of its high price, it is generally used more in high-end apartments or villas.
Advantages: high strength, stable performance, sterilization, and not easy to corrode.
Disadvantages: high price and difficult construction. In cold winter, it is easy to cause heat loss, large energy consumption and high use cost.
Aluminum-plastic pipes are easy to age and leak
Aluminum-plastic pipe used to be a popular pipe material on the market. Because of its light weight, durability and convenient construction, its bendability is more suitable for use in home decoration. In Guangdong and Shanghai, where the decoration concept is relatively new, the aluminum-plastic pipe has gradually lost its market and belongs to the eliminated product.
Advantages: The price is relatively cheap, it can be bent arbitrarily, the surface is smooth, and the construction is convenient.
Disadvantages: easy aging, many hidden dangers in use, short service life, practice has proved that after one year of use, the leakage of the pipeline connection is very easy to occur.
Galvanized pipe is easy to block and easy to pollute
When you suddenly open a water pipe that has not been used for a long time, you find that the water flowing out is "yellow". This kind of thing is very easy to happen in the galvanized iron pipes in the old house. Such "yellow" water is also harmful to the human body. Four ministries and commissions including the Ministry of Construction of China have also issued a document stating that galvanized pipes will be banned from 2000, and galvanized pipes have been rarely used in cold water pipes in newly built communities.
Advantages: complete varieties, many pipe fittings.
Disadvantages: It is an outdated product prohibited by the state, which is easy to corrode and rust, resulting in poor water flow and easy to cause water pollution.
PVC pipe is easy to break and deform
In fact, it is a kind of plastic tube, and the interface is generally glued. Because its frost resistance and heat resistance are not good, it is difficult to be used as a hot water pipe; the strength is not suitable for the pressure requirements of water pipes, so cold water pipes are rarely used. In most cases, PVC pipes are suitable for electrical conduits and sewage pipes. In addition, the chemical additive phthalein, which makes PVC softer, has a great impact on the kidneys, liver and testes in the human body, and can cause cancer and kidney damage, so it is not recommended for everyone to buy it.
Advantages: light, easy to install, low cost, and not easy to corrode.
Disadvantages: Poor quality will be very brittle, easy to break, and easy to deform when heated.
Product price editing broadcast
There are not many people who can accurately say how much a PPR water pipe costs. The raw materials and comprehensive costs used by each manufacturer are different, so the market price is different.
There are many products on the market with different prices, including PPR water pipes, each with its own advantages and disadvantages, and the quality is good or bad. In addition, the prices of pipes for hot water and cold water are also different.