Introduction of CPVC / UPVC pipeline solvent bonding to the quality requirements of the welding agentIntroduction of CPVC / UPVC pipeline solvent bonding to the quality requirements of the welding agent
The solvent bonding of CPVC / UPVC pipeline is to melt and combine the contact surface of the connection part of the pipeline and the pipe fitting with a solvent (or adhesive) to achieve the required shear strength after curing to meet the use of the pipeline system There are strict requirements for the quality of the welding agent. The following Xinyugong Plastic introduces the requirements of the sensory performance and hygienic performance of the welding agent, as follows:
1. The pre-adhesive agent should be in a free-flowing state and should not be a gel. Without stirring, there should be no delamination and precipitates; it should not be diluted.
2. There should be no lumps, insoluble particles and other impurities that affect the bonding strength of the welding agent.
3. The welding agent shall not contain poisonous and microbial growth substances, and shall not have any influence on the taste, smell and water quality of drinking water.
Points for attention when using welding agent:
The use of the solvent used for the connection of thermoplastic pipes and fittings is a crucial step in the bonding and installation of plastic pipes. Its success means that the installation of the entire piping system is successful. Pay attention to the following points to avoid bonding s failure.
1. Prohibited use of dissolving agent is unqualified, if it is in the form of paste, it indicates that THF (welding material) has evaporated
2. When applying the solvent, do not just apply the socket or socket. The two sides should be coated with glue twice, (longitudinal and horizontal) should have sufficient thickness and uniformity
3. The brush used should be 1/3 to 1/2 wide of the pipe diameter to facilitate the application of glue
4. To prevent poor coordination between socket and socket, large gap, or inadequate connection, only the adhesive surface, but no fusion surface, and reduce the bonding strength
5. The dissolving surface should not be exposed to the air for too long after application of the welding agent, but should ensure that the bonding surface is wet and softened during bonding to prevent dry sticking
6. When the ambient temperature is higher than 110 ° F or 43 ° C, the surface of the bonding area should be cooled in a cool place or with a damp cloth and bonded after drying
7. Moisture, oil and other impurities on the socket surface, or the ambient air is too humid, should make the connection surface clean and dry
8. After the pipe end is inserted into the socket, the initial curing time is maintained at 30 to 60 seconds or more, and at low temperature for more than 1 to 3 minutes to prevent the pipe from automatically exiting from the pipe socket
9. After the welding is completed, the socket part should not be twisted by external force, and the specified static curing time should be maintained to prevent degumming
10. After the pipeline connection is completed, the solvent bonding joint does not have enough curing time. Who is prohibited to do experiments or air pressure test?If you want to know more about it please do not hesitate to contact me. WhatsApp:+86-15966835076