How to choose and maintain carpets？How to choose and maintain carpets
Carpets, as attachments to the ground, can not only play a decorative role but also reduce noise, heat, and prevent slippage. Carpets are now widely used in public places such as hotels, hotels, important venues, and even in the homes of urban residents. Polaroid rugs are a better brand of carpets, and many people may have already bought carpets of this brand at home. Today I will introduce to you the methods and maintenance tips that you should pay attention to when purchasing.
What are the methods of buying carpet?
In the production process of carpets, carpet back coating and other manufacturing processes, the latex and various compounding agents used inevitably leave some harmful substances in the product, such as formaldehyde, styrene, 4-phenylcyclohexene, etc. When paved and used, it will bring a certain degree of pollution to the indoor space, and when used in the children's room, it will have a greater impact on the health of children. Therefore, when purchasing carpets for children's rooms, you need to check the product quality report to see if it meets the national standards.
Look carefully at the carpet product label
"Carpet Label" is a mandatory standard for the light industry. Carpet products sold on the market must be marked in accordance with the requirements of the "Carpet Label" standard: the product name, the registered trademark of the product, the name and content of the carpet surface fiber, the thickness of the pile of the carpet, the quality level of the product, and the production Date, name and address of the producer, information on special performance requirements of the product, etc. By viewing the labels, you can get a general understanding of the quality of the carpet.
Identification of product materials
In order to prevent the carpet material from being falsified, especially when choosing pure wool carpets, you must first identify the carpet material. The general method is to remove several pile threads from the carpet, and distinguish them according to the burning situation and the smell emitted after ignition. When burning pure wool, there is no flame, smoke, bubbling, smelly, and the ash is mostly a shiny black solid, which can be broken with a finger.
Check the appearance quality of the carpet
When consumers choose carpets, they should check whether the carpet surface is flat, whether the edges of the carpet are straight, whether there are defects, oil spots, and color difference. Especially when buying tufted carpets, check whether the back of the carpet has delining, glue leakage, etc., to avoid the occurrence of drumming and inequality during the laying of the carpet, and the loss of comfort and beauty.
Other quality checks
Check whether the feel of the carpet is comfortable; check the density of the pile. You can touch the carpet with your hand. The quality of the pile of the product is high, and the density of the carpet surface is full. Check the color fastness of the carpet. When choosing a carpet, use your hands or test cloth to rub it on the surface of the carpet several times to see if there is any color stuck on the hand or test cloth. Good; check the peeling strength of the carpet backing, you can use your hands to gently tear the base fabric to see the degree of adhesion .
Carpet maintenance method
1. Clean up in time. Clean it with a vacuum cleaner every day. Don't wait for a lot of stains and dirt to penetrate the carpet fiber after cleaning. Only frequent cleaning is easy to clean. When cleaning the carpet, pay attention to clean the floor under the carpet.
2. Use evenly. After using the carpet for several years, it is best to adjust the position to make it wear evenly. Once there are irregularities in some places, it is necessary to pat lightly, or use a steam iron to lightly iron.
3. Decontamination method. Ink stains can be wiped with citric acid. The wiped areas should be washed with water, and then wiped off with a dry towel to remove water: coffee, cocoa, tea stains can be removed with glycerin: fruit juice can be removed with cold water and a small amount of dilute ammonia solution: paint stain You can use gasoline and washing powder to make a porridge together, and apply it to the paint at night. After washing with warm water the next morning, use a dry towel to absorb the water.
4. Remove foreign objects. Some light-weight materials such as fluff and paper dust fall on the carpet, and the vacuum cleaner can solve it. If you accidentally break a glass on the carpet, you can stick the broken glass with wider tape: if the broken glass is powdery, you can stick it with cotton dipped in water and then use a vacuum cleaner to suck it.
5. The carpet has scorch marks. If it is not serious, you can use a bristle brush or nickel coins to brush off the burnt part of the scorch. If it is a serious scorch mark, press it on the book. After it is dry, comb it.
6. Carpet dust. Soak the broom in soapy water to sweep the carpet, keep the broom moist, then sprinkle with fine salt, then use the broom to sweep, and finally wipe it off with a dry rag. When cleaning carpets, chemical fiber carpets can be washed and dried if possible. Pure wool rugs have to sit under the sun for a while, pay attention to turn the rugs over, hang on the rope and pat with a thin stick to remove the dust as much as possible. This can also effectively kill mites on the carpet.