what is Functional mulchwhat is Functional mulch
According to the functions and uses of mulch, it can be divided into two categories: ordinary mulch and special mulch. Common mulch includes broad-spectrum mulch and micro-thin mulch; special mulch includes black mulch, black-and-white mulch, silver-black mulch, green mulch, microporous mulch, incision mulch, silver-gray (aphid-free) mulch, (chemical) weeding mulch, color matching mulch , Controllable degradation of plastic film, floating film, etc.
Chinese name functional mulch is classified into ordinary mulch and special mulch raw materials, high-pressure polyethylene resin, etc. with a thickness of about 0.012-0.016mm
table of Contents
1 Definition (Overview)
2 Specific classification
According to the functions and uses of mulch, it can be divided into two categories: ordinary mulch and special mulch. Common mulch includes broad-spectrum mulch and micro-thin mulch; special mulch includes black mulch, black-and-white mulch, silver-black mulch, green mulch, microporous mulch, incision mulch, silver-gray (aphid-free) mulch, (chemical) weeding mulch, color matching mulch , Controllable degradation of plastic film, floating film, etc. 
1. Broad-spectrum mulch is mostly made of high-pressure polyethylene resin. The thickness is 0.012-0.016 mm, with good transparency, warming, and strong moisture retention performance. It is suitable for various areas, various covering methods, various cultivated crops, and various stubble. The theoretical dosage per acre of vegetable field is about 7-8 kg.
2. The thin mulch film is translucent, with a thickness of 0.006-0.10 mm. The warming and moisture retention properties are close to broad-spectrum mulch. However, due to the thickness reduction, the strength is reduced, and the light transmittance is not as good as the broad-spectrum mulch, it is generally not suitable for mulching furrow, high furrow planting, high furrow furrow planting, Yangpo furrow furrow planting, flat furrow near the ground, and plastic arch shed. the way. Each acres of vegetable fields use about 4-5 kg.
3. The black ground film is blown by adding a certain proportion of carbon black to the base resin. The thickness is 0.015-0.025 mm. The temperature-increasing performance is not as good as the broad-spectrum mulch, and the moisture retention performance is better than the broad-spectrum mulch. The black plastic film can shade the sunlight, make the weeds under the film difficult to photosynthesis, cannot grow, and has the function of restricting grass. It should be used for ground cover or softening cultivation in areas and seasons where the grass damage is serious and the temperature increase effect is not high. The consumption per mu of vegetable fields is about 7.4-12.3 kg.
4. Black two-sided mulch One side is milky white and one side is black. When used, the black surface sticks to the ground to increase the light reflection and the photosynthetic intensity of the functional leaves in the middle and lower parts of the crop, reduce the ground temperature, maintain moisture, and weed. It is suitable for high-season cover cultivation. The thickness is 0.025-0.4 mm, and the consumption per mu of vegetable fields is about 12.3-19.8 kg.
5. Silver and black two-sided mulch The silver-gray side faces upward when used. This kind of mulch can not only reflect visible light, but also reflect infrared and ultraviolet rays. It has a stronger cooling and moisture retention function, and has a strong function of repelling aphids and preventing viruses. It also promotes the combination of anthocyanins and vitamin C. . It is suitable for ground cover cultivation in summer and autumn. The thickness is 0.03-0.05 mm, and the consumption per mu of vegetable fields is about 14.8-24.7 kg.
6. Green mulch This mulch can prevent the visible light necessary for green plants to pass, has the functions of weeding and inhibiting the increase of ground temperature, and is suitable for covering cultivation in summer and autumn. The thickness is 0.015-0.02 mm, and the consumption per mu of vegetable fields is 7.4-9.9 kg.
7. Microporous mulch There are more than 2500 microporous holes per square meter of mulch. These micropores are closed at night by the condensate on the lower surface of the mulch to prevent the air and heat exchange between the soil and the atmosphere, and they still have thermal insulation properties; they absorb solar radiation and heat up during the day, the water condensed on the surface of the film evaporates, the micropores open, the soil and the atmosphere The exchange of air and heat between them avoids the accumulation of carbon dioxide in the rhizosphere due to the covering of the plastic film, which inhibits root respiration and affects the yield. This kind of mulch film is not as warm and moisturizing as ordinary mulch film and is suitable for applications in warm and humid areas.
8. Incisional mulch Cut the mulch into band-shaped incisions according to certain specifications. The advantage of this kind of plastic film is that the seedlings can naturally grow out of the film from the incision of the plastic film after the soil is emerged, and the phenomenon of roasted seedlings will not occur, nor will it cause carbon dioxide accumulation in the rhizosphere of the crop. However, the temperature increase and moisture retention performance is not as good as ordinary mulch. It can be used for the film-covering cultivation of vegetables for sowing and seeding.
9. Silver ash (aphid avoiding) mulch Aphids have a strong reversal to silver gray light. Winged aphids see the silver gray light and fly away. The silver ash (aphid avoidance) film utilizes this habit of aphids and uses a spraying process to compound a layer of aluminum foil on the surface of the mulch film to repel aphids and prevent the occurrence and spread of viral diseases. The thickness of this mulch film is generally 0.015-0.02 mm, and it can be used for covering cultivation of various summer and autumn vegetables.
10. (Chemical) Attach the herbicide-containing side to the ground when the weeding film is covered. When the vaporized water of the soil condenses into water droplets on the surface of the film, the herbicide dissolves in the water and drops into the soil surface to form a herbicidal soil. Floor. The film has three functions of warming, moisture retention and herbicidal.
11. Color-matching plastic film is a special plastic film developed according to the thermotaxis of vegetable crop roots. It is usually black and white, with a white film strip for the cultivation row and a black film strip between the rows. In this way, the warming effect of the white film strip is good, and it can promote the early growth of the crop in the early stage of growth. Although the black film strip has a poor temperature increasing effect, it is basically far from the crop rhizosphere, which basically does not affect the early ripening of vegetables, and has weeding Features. Entering the high-temperature season can reduce the ground temperature between the rows, induce the root system to grow between the rows, and prevent the premature decay of the crop.
12. Controllable degradable mulch This kind of mulch can be degraded by itself after a period of time. Prevent residues from contaminating the soil. The development of controlled degradable mulch film in my country has reached the international advanced level. The induction period of degraded plastic film can be stably controlled at more than 60 days; the degraded film does not hinder the elongation and growth of crop roots and does not affect soil water movement.
13. Floating film This is a special mulch film directly covered with vegetable film on the vegetable crops. A large number of small holes are evenly distributed on the membrane to facilitate the exchange of water, gas and heat inside and outside the membrane to achieve natural adjustment of the temperature, humidity and gas in the membrane. This not only protects against low temperature and frost, promotes the growth of crops, but also prevents high-temperature burning of seedlings, and it cannot avoid the spread of diseases caused by excessive humidity.