Use of glue in CPVC / UPVC pipeline connectionUse of glue in CPVC / UPVC pipeline connection
1. Glue: Glue is generally composed of polymer resin and solvent in a certain proportion. When used for pipe bonding, the solvent of the glue will soften and penetrate the outer diameter of the pipe socket and the inner diameter of the socket of the pipe fitting, so that the pipe / pipe fitting can be more closely bonded together when the bonding is stressed; and the polymer in the glue The resin will fill the bonding gap of the pipe socket, and after curing, the pipe / pipe fitting will be bonded together.
2. Cleaning agent: The cleaning agent is used to clean, soften and penetrate the outer diameter of the pipe socket and the inner diameter of the socket of the pipe before the glue is bonded. It is not necessary to use the cleaning agent in the connection of pipes below 3 ", and it is required for the connection of pipes above 3" Treat with detergent before applying glue.
3. Socket: The inner diameter of the socket of pipe fittings glued is generally tapered, that is, its diameter is slightly larger than the bottom diameter. The purpose of taper design is to ensure that the inner surface of the socket and the outer surface of the socket can be bonded together after softening and pressing to achieve the corresponding bonding strength. The pipe socket should be tested before the glue is applied. The depth of the socket inserted into the pipe fitting is about 1/4 to 3/4 of the total depth of the socket (sometimes the socket of the pipe / pipe fitting can be forced to the end, but if the fit is tight, It can be bonded by appropriately increasing the amount of glue or the number of times of glue application, and appropriately extending the curing time; however, if the pipe / pipe fitting is still loose after being inserted to the end, the accessory cannot be used.)
4. Bonding points: Before bonding, the bonding interface of the socket and the socket should be wiped clean with a dry cloth to ensure cleanliness, no dust, water, oil, etc .; when the bonding interface has oil When it is difficult to clean, it can be polished off with fine sandpaper. The glue layer must have a sufficient amount to fill the gap between the bonding surfaces of the socket. The coating with sufficient thickness can keep the glue wet for a long time, so that it keeps the surface wet when the pipe is connected (the inner diameter of the socket is first coated before the outer diameter of the socket, and the amount of glue applied to the socket needs to be less. In order to avoid excessive glue in the socket when the socket is bonded, the top of the socket is squeezed into the inner wall of the pipeline and pollutes the pipeline or valve body). After gluing, the bonding surface of the pipe must be fully dissolved and softened. Note that the glue must be kept in a semi-flowing state and the glue layer is wet and softened to carry out pipe bonding, so that the two bonding surfaces are quickly bonded into the same sol layer, otherwise the "dry sticking" phenomenon is easy to occur. When bonding, the pipe socket should be inserted to the bottom of the pipe socket, rotate 1/4 ~ 3/8 turn, and must maintain the applied force for 1 ~ 3min until the initial curing to avoid slipping. After bonding, the excess glue that overflows after the socket is bonded is wiped off with a cloth in a timely manner (it should be observed whether the overflowed glue forms a ring glue ring, if the ring glue ring appears intermittent or bubbles, indicating that the amount of glue is insufficient, you need to discard this Bond the parts and rebuild). After bonding, the pipeline must be kept for sufficient curing time, and the adhesion of the accessories will be increased by the volatilization and reaction of the solvent in the glue.
5. Precautions: Pipe bonding should not be carried out in an environment with high humidity. The operating place should be away from fire sources to prevent impact and direct sunlight. It should not be operated in an environment with a temperature ≤-5 ℃. CPVC and UPVC have different requirements for temperature, pressure, etc. due to the use of pipelines, and corresponding glues and cleaners should be used. Choose a bristle brush or a nylon brush for the glue application tool. The width of the brush should be 1/3 to 1/2 of the pipe diameter (the ball brush in the glue tank can be used directly when the small pipe is bonded), and it should be contained in an open container with a lid. Open whenever you want. The glue will be layered due to storage and other reasons (precipitation of different proportions of the proportion of the material), you can use a metal rod to stir evenly before use (the ball brush in the glue tank is not long enough to reach the bottom of the tank for mixing The effect is not good). Large-diameter pipelines (6 "and above) require the use of tractors to assist in the construction of the pipelines. It is strictly forbidden to use tools during the plugging process. Low temperature <4.5 ℃ construction ** Do not pay attention to dry moist moisture, ice and snow; the pipeline can be First put it in the sun for a few hours; the curing time of the bonding interface should be extended, and the bonding interface of the previous pipe fittings should be prevented from being affected by torsion and impact when bonding. When the temperature is higher than 38 ℃, please pay attention to the tube before bonding. Put the end, pipe fittings and welding agent in a cool place or carry out the bonding operation in the morning or evening; wipe the surface of the pipe with a damp cloth with water to reduce the temperature of the pipe (but make sure that the water on the pipe surface is dried before applying the glue); apply the glue Connect the pipe (socket) and pipe fitting (socket) as soon as possible after completion.If you want to know more about it please do not hesitate to contact me. WhatsApp:+86-15966835076.