Disadvantages and advantages of plastic wood materialsDisadvantages of plastic wood materials:
1. Plastic wood products are poor conductors of heat. Under the change of the external environment temperature, the surface and the interior are unevenly heated, which is easy to cause expansion, contraction, deformation, etc. The long-term effect will shorten the life of the plastic wood products.
2. In order to save costs, some plastic wood material manufacturers will reduce the use of antioxidants and other related additives, and even reduce the amount of wood fibers such as wood powder and bamboo powder (increasing the amount of cheap talc or light calcium carbonate) As a result, engineering accidents such as "severe discoloration, brittle materials, and easy cracking" will inevitably occur.
Advantages of plastic wood materials:
1. The loss of plastic wood profiles is the lowest. Plastic wood is a profile, according to the needs of customers, it can produce materials that meet the needs of customers. Note: The length of all wood is stipulated dead, the customer should cut according to the actual situation at the project (site), which will inevitably cause waste of materials.
2. To win more with less. In the case of the same amount of plastic wood, you can win more with less. For example, in the case of a project where outdoor floors are to be paved and wood is selected, wood with a thickness of about 45 mm is required.
The plastic wood only needs 25mm thick material, and its strength exceeds 45MM of anticorrosive wood. In other words, if the wood used is 1 cubic meter, then plastic wood only needs about 0.5 cubic meters.
3. The surface of plastic wood does not need to be painted. Generally, wood needs to be treated with surface paint or water-based paint.
4. Plastic-wood products can be maintenance-free. Wood generally needs to be maintained or painted in 1 year. In the long run, the maintenance cost of WPC is far lower than that of wood products.
Plastic wood is a new type of composite material composed of plant fiber as the raw material and synthesized with plastic. It has the advantages of plant fiber and plastic and has a wide range of applications. Plastic wood not only maintains the sense of affinity of solid wood flooring, but also has good moisture, water, acid and alkali resistance, fungus suppression, antistatic, insect resistance and other properties, and is known as soft gold in the 21st century.
As a new material to replace wood, plastic wood is a new type of composite material that is mainly composed of plant fiber and synthesized with plastic. It also has the advantages of plant fiber and plastic, and has a wide range of applications.
Because of the composition of natural fibers, plastic wood has better UV (ultraviolet) resistance and lower thermal expansion and contraction performance, low maintenance cost, and easy to process like wood. As a new type of environmentally friendly material, plastic-wood composite materials have received people's attention. Known as the soft gold of the 21st century.