CPVC, UPVC pipeline installation construction specifications and glue bonding process introductionCPVC, UPVC pipeline installation construction specifications and glue bonding process introduction
CPVC and UPVC pipes are new types of plastic pipes with excellent corrosion resistance. They are widely used in chemical, smelting, chemical fiber, pharmaceutical, electroplating, electronics and other industries. This article mainly introduces the installation and construction specifications of CPVC and UPVC pipes and the glue bonding process.
1. General Provisions
1. The on-site construction technicians of the pipeline should be trained before taking up their posts, they should master and understand the structure and structure of the building, and be familiar with the design drawings and the coordination measures and technical requirements with other types of work. On-site operators should understand the general performance of CPVC and UPVC materials, master the construction process and safety measures.
2. The following conditions should be met before the pipeline installation project is constructed:
(1) The construction design drawings and other technical documents are complete and have passed the review.
(2) The construction plan and construction organization design have been approved, and construction technical disclosure has been carried out.
(3) Construction manpower, machinery and other auxiliary materials can ensure normal construction.
(4) Temporary facilities such as water, electricity and material storage sites on the construction site can meet the construction requirements.
(5) The construction personnel have passed the pipeline installation technical training of chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC) and rigid polyvinyl chloride (UPVC) manufacturers.
3. Pipes and fittings should be handled lightly and neatly arranged during transportation, loading and unloading and handling. Do not subject to violent impact or sharp objects, throw, drop, roll, or drag. At low temperatures, transportation and storage should pay attention to low temperature brittleness.
4. When the temperature difference between the stacking or storage site of the pipe and the construction site is large, the pipe should be stacked for a certain period of time, and the material can be installed after the temperature of the material is close to the site conditions.
5. When installing the pipeline, the logos, specifications, etc. on the surface of the pipeline should be placed in a position facing the observation.
6. When the pipeline installation is completed or the construction is interrupted, the opening of the pipeline should be blocked in time.
7. Fittings, adhesives and related fittings should be used.
8. During the pipeline installation process, paints, sealants, lubricants, etc. containing petroleum or solvent should be prevented.
9. CPVC pipelines and UPVC pipelines must use their special adhesives respectively, and must not be mixed.
Second, the pipeline connection
1. The connection method of CPVC pipeline and UPVC pipeline generally adopts socket-type adhesive connection. During the installation process, proper bonding operations are essential.
2. The bonding connection should be operated at an ambient temperature of 4 ℃ ～ 38 ℃. The joint bonding should not be constructed in rain or water, and should be far away from the fire source and avoid direct sunlight.
3. Pipeline bonding technology
(1) The pipe port should be cut flat and perpendicular to the axis of the pipe. A fixed pipe box and a hand saw or pipe cutter can be used.
(2) Remove broken particles and chamfers (10-15 degrees) inside and outside the tube.
(3) Wipe off the dust, oil marks and moisture inside and outside the pipe (moisture, dust and oil marks will affect the bonding strength).
(4) Measure the depth of the socket of the pipe fitting with a measuring tool, and mark the measured size at the socket of the pipe.
(5) Start bonding.
a. First apply the pre-adhesive into the pipe fittings by force. This operation is strictly forbidden to flow into the pipe fittings.
b. Then forcefully apply the pre-adhesive to the marked area of the pipe.
c. Apply even glue to the socket of the pipe. The length of the glue is the marked range.
d. Next, apply glue to the socket of the pipe fitting with the brush applied to the pipe.
e. When the glue is still wet, immediately insert the pipe into the pipe, and push the pipe to the bottom of the pipe with sufficient force, and rotate the pipe and pipe relative to the circumference no more than 1/4 turn.
f. Press the tightly connected pipe joint, and stand still until the pipe fitting will not be pushed out.
g. When the pipe joining work is completed, there should be a ring of glue at the interface.
h. Use a cloth to wipe off the excess glue at the interface.
4. Connection in low temperature climate
(1) Try to avoid bonding in the morning and evening.
(2) Store glue to increase the fluidity of glue at warm or normal temperature.
(3) Wipe the moisture of the pipes and fittings to be bonded together.
(4) If possible, place the pipes and fittings in the sun for several hours.
(5) Due to the cold temperature, the drying time needs to be longer than at normal temperature. It is better to place the system for a period of time to test the pressure after completely drying.
(6) In cold weather, the pipelines should be connected in sections, and then connected between sections to avoid moving new joints.
(7) Please read the pipeline bonding technology carefully before installation and strictly follow the operation steps.
5. Connection in high temperature climate
(1) Glue and pre-adhesive should be stored in a ventilated and cool place indoors.
(2) If possible, pipes and fittings should also be stored indoors or in a cool place.
(3) Try to install bonded pipes in the morning time.
(4) Wipe the joint of the pipe with a damp cloth. The volatilization of water can reduce the temperature by several degrees, but the connection surface should be completely dry before bonding.
(5) When bonding pipes, make sure that the surface of the glue is still wet. If bonding large-diameter pipes, multiple people must cooperate to install them.
(6) Use high-viscosity glue for bonding, because the high-viscosity glue dries slowly while giving a longer bonding time.
(7) After applying the glue, the cap should be covered on the glue bottle in time.
6. Precautions for installation of CPVC pipeline and UPVC pipeline
(1) Combustible materials such as adhesives and cleaning agents should be kept away from fire sources.
(2) The construction site should be well ventilated. Fireworks are strictly prohibited during bonding construction.
(3) Adhesives and cleaning agents should be stored out of the reach of children.
(4) When performing the bonding process, the operator should wear protective glasses, gloves, and a mask to avoid the adhesive and cleaning agent from contacting the skin and eyes.
(5) Adhesives and cleaning agents should be opened immediately after use, and they should be covered tightly when not in use to prevent volatilization.
(6) Do not use expired, faded or gelled adhesives or cleaners.
(7) For directly buried and embedded pipelines, the location and direction of the pipeline shall be marked on the wall and ground. Drill holes, nails, etc. on the pipeline are strictly prohibited.
The glue bonding method of CPVC pipes and UPVC pipes is widely used and easy to operate, but it is critical to master the essence of the process. The corresponding operating method and curing time should be selected according to the changes in ambient temperature and humidity, and the specifications of the pipe diameter. The construction personnel should strictly control the main points of pipeline construction and pay full attention to the construction precautions to ensure the quality of pipeline installation.