What are the main uses of PE pipes?What are the main uses of PE pipes?
Buried gas PE pipe
PE water supply
PE pipe is a kind of PE pipe. The mining pipe has the advantages of light weight, long life and convenient construction. The weight is only 1/7 of the steel pipe and 1/2 of the glass steel pipe, but the service life is 4-5 times that of the steel pipe, and the transportation and installation are convenient. What are the main uses of PE pipes?
The main purpose of PE pipe:
1. Natural gas and gas transmission: PE pipes have a series of advantages such as reliable connection, stable performance, easy construction and corrosion resistance, making them the best choice for medium and low pressure natural gas transmission pipelines.
2. Ore sand and mud transportation: PE pipe has a unique wear resistance that is 4 times that of steel pipe, and can be widely used for conveying ore sand, fly ash in power plants, and mud for river dredging.
3. Urban water supply: PE pipes have comprehensive advantages such as safety, hygiene, convenient construction and long service life, and have become ideal pipes for urban water supply.
4. Food and chemical industry: PE pipes have unique corrosion resistance and can be used for the transportation or discharge of various salty and sour salts, making them long service life, low cost and low maintenance cost.
5. Replacement of cement pipes, cast iron pipes and steel pipes: For the replacement of old pipes, such as cement pipes and cast iron pipes originally laid in the city, PE pipes can be directly inserted into the old pipes for replacement without extensive excavation, and the project cost is low , The construction time is short, especially suitable for the pipeline re-selection in the old city.
6. Landscaping pipe network: landscaping requires a large number of water pipelines, and the cost of PE pipes is low, which is worthy of vigorous promotion.
Construction characteristics of PE gas pipeline: easy installation and maintenance, and easy operation.
There are two connection methods:
One is electrofusion connection, which is generally applicable to pipe diameters smaller than De110;
The second is hot-melt connection, which is generally suitable for pipe diameter not less than De110, and no sleeve pipe fittings are required in the butt joint. The above two connection operation methods can be mastered in a short-term training, the welding quality can also be guaranteed, and the construction progress is also fast. In addition, it is possible to open the tee with gas in the operating gas pipeline network, which cannot be realized by using steel pipes as gas pipelines.
The PE pipe itself is light in weight, does not require lifting equipment, and is more convenient to carry and pipe down to the groove. PE pipe welding only needs electric heating fusion welding machine, the equipment is light, the degree of automation is high, no manual welding is required, the installation and construction are convenient, the strength is low, and the efficiency is high.
The buried PE pipeline for gas mainly adopts hot melt connection or electrofusion connection, and the interface strength is generally higher than the strength of the pipe itself.
Therefore, compared with rubber ring type joints or other mechanical joints, there is no risk of leakage due to joint distortion. PE pipe has excellent flexibility, which greatly enhances the value of this material for pipeline engineering. Due to the flexibility of polyethylene, polyethylene gas pipelines with small pipe diameters (generally not larger than D100) can be supplied in coils, which saves a lot of pipe fittings during construction and also avoids the possibility of joint leakage; used for Without grooving construction, the direction of the polyethylene natural gas pipeline can be easily changed according to the requirements of the construction method, so that it can change the shape of the pipe before construction, and restore its original size and size after inserting the old pipe.