How to choose the light diffusing agent for PC and PMMA LED tubes?How to choose the light diffusing agent for PC and PMMA LED tubes?
At present, energy-saving and environmentally friendly lamps are becoming more and more popular, and more and more people are paying attention to the development of LED lampshade materials. These lampshade materials are PC (polycarbonate), PMMA (acrylic), etc. What additives can be used to achieve that LED lights are not dazzling and can increase the brightness of LED lights?
That is the light diffusing agent that people often say. This light diffusing agent changes the direction of light propagation multiple times in the base material to refract multiple times to achieve the softness of the LED light line. It can also improve the past by simply using toner To adjust the lack of glare of the light, because the toner will block a lot of light in the substrate, making the brightness darker, and not like organic light diffusing agent, it will not block a lot of light through.
1. Inorganic light diffusing agent and organic light diffusing agent
Is any light diffusing agent used as LED optical material will not affect the brightness (transmittance)? We can analyze this from the currently used light diffusing agents. The current light diffusing agents include: inorganic light diffusing agents and organic light diffusing agents.
1. Inorganic light diffusing agent
Inorganic light diffusing agents mainly include: nano barium sulfate, calcium carbonate, silica, etc. These inorganic light diffusing agents are solid microspheres from a microscopic point of view. Light cannot pass through this solid sphere, which will affect a lot of light. Through, only part of the light passes through refraction, thus affecting brightness or light transmission. At present, it is impossible to select inorganic light diffusing agents for the lampshade that requires light transmittance above 50%.
2. Organic light diffusing agent
Organic light diffusing agents mainly include acrylic type, styrene type, acrylic resin type, etc. These resins themselves are transparent or translucent, and most of the light can pass through, using the refractive index of these materials and the base material The difference in refractive index. After the light is refracted multiple times, the light passing through the substrate becomes bright and soft, and has little effect on the light transmittance of the material. It is a good choice for making optical materials such as tubes and lampshades.
From the above analysis, it can be seen that the organic light diffusing agent is the first light diffusing agent for lampshade materials such as PC and acrylic. There are different types of organic light diffusing agents, and their materials have different refractive indices for light, so there will be different classifications for PC lamp tube lampshade and PMMA lampshade.
2. Why doesn't the organic light diffusing agent affect the brightness too much?
In the current organic light diffusing agent nano-beads, the material itself can transmit light, which is a good solution to the problem of uniform light and light transmission. This type of light diffusing agent passes through the different refractive index of the substrate and the micro-beads. The light is refracted multiple times to achieve a soft light effect, and the loss of light transmission is less.
This organic nanoparticle is a small transparent sphere, added to PC, PMMA, PVC, encapsulant, can be evenly dispersed in the resin, the incident light passes through the glass sphere and passes through the glass numerous times Refraction, and then penetrate. Such intense light is evenly dispersed after being refracted. Turning the point light source into a surface light source enlarges the light-emitting surface, and makes the light very soft. At the same time, the light can penetrate the glass sphere. Therefore, the loss of light is very small, and it also plays the role of uniform light and light transmission.
3. How to choose the light diffusing agent?
If PC optical materials want to achieve light diffusion effect and good haze, how should light diffusion agent be selected?
The selection of light diffusing agent should pay attention to the following three aspects:
1. Choose a multi-component light diffusing agent. The multi-component light diffusing agent has different sizes, which can better make the light multiple times and have a good haze. The haze of the single-component light diffusing agent is not as good as the multi-component light diffusing agent, but the single-component light diffusing agent has good light transmittance.
2. The refractive index of the selected light diffusing agent material should be different from the refractive index of the substrate, but it should not be too large. If it is too large, it will cause total reflection, and it will not meet the requirements of light diffusion and light transmission.
3. To make high-quality PC or PMMA optical materials, the light diffusion must choose a model of light diffusion agent, so that the light is covered seriously, and the high light transmittance cannot be achieved, which affects the actual needs.If you want to know more about it please do not hesitate to contact me. WhatsApp:+86-15966835076